“Personal data” is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Categories of Personal Data Processed
- Personal data that is processed when you communicate with King Chamber: When you interact with us via email, telephone, or online (e.g.,when you send us an email inquiry, provide us with feedback on our services, obtain membership, register for our events, submit support requests, and comment on blog posts), we collect personal data, including your name, organization name, phone number and email address; and information about the King Chamber services you have purchased. We also may create event logs that are useful for financial or reporting purposes. We may log in to your King Chamber membership account, if appropriate, to help troubleshoot and resolve your issue.
- Personal data that is processed when you create an account (membership or event registration) through the King Chamber membership software: When you conduct any of these activities, we request that you provide personal data, including your name, organization name, phone number, address, and email address.
- Purposes and Legal Grounds:
- Account Access. King Chamber processes your email address and password when you use your email address and your password for the purpose of enabling you to register for and log in to your King Chamber membership account. We use this information to identify and authenticate your identity so that you may be provided with access to your membership information. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is King Chamber’s legitimate interest in protecting the security of your membership account and enabling you to access our services.
- Account Information. King Chamber also processes your contact information for the purpose of sending you information about your King Chamber services or account. The name you provide is associated with your account profile. The legal ground for processing your contact information for these purposes is King Chamber’s legitimate interest in providing you information about your King Chamber services or account.
- Requested Information. If you choose to sign up for our newsletter or any other communication from us, we will use your contact information for purposes of sending you the information you have requested. The legal ground for processing your contact information for this purpose is King Chamber’s legitimate interest in providing you with the information you have requested.
- Marketing Purposes. King Chamber may use your email address and other contact information for the purpose of sending you electronic marketing communications.
- The legal ground for processing your email address and other contact information for this purpose is our legitimate interest in sending electronic marketing communications to current and potential customers concerning products and services.
- If you decide that you no longer wish to receive electronic marketing communications from King Chamber, you will have the opportunity to opt out from receiving electronic marketing communications from King Chamber at any time by clicking the preferences or unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of our marketing emails.
- The electronic marketing communications you receive from King Chamber may be based on information that you provide to us when you sign up for a King Chamber account (e.g., the city/province/country in which you are located and the type of organization in which you are involved). The legal ground for processing your personal data for this purpose is King Chamber’s legitimate interest in providing its customers with information they have requested and with electronic marketing communications that are likely to be of interest to them.
- Personal data that is processed when you pay for products or services through our Site: When you pay for products and services through our Site, we collect, but do not store, your payment information, which may include credit card data, debit card data, and Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment data, including bank name, ABA/Routing number, bank account number, account type, and account holder name.
- Purposes and Legal Grounds:
- Payment Processing. When you pay for services via credit card, debit card, check, or ACH payment, King Chamber, via WildApricot membership software, will transfer your payment data (e.g., payment card data, bank name, ABA/Routing number, bank account number, account type, account holder name) and billing details, including recurring payment schedule if applicable, to third-party electronic payment vendors (also known as payment gateways) that process electronic payment data so that you may pay for such services. For all such payments, King Chamber only transfers payment data through protected servers and does not store any payment data. If you authorize recurring payments or non-recurring future payments, your payment data and billing details will be saved by our third-party electronic payment vendors. The legal ground for processing payment data is that such processing in order to effect payment is necessary for the performance of contracts between King Chamber and our members and contacts.
- Personal data that is processed when you provide feedback and other information in our forums: If you provide comments, suggestions, feedback, or other information in one of our forums, we will collect any personal information contained in any content you provide. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal data online in a forum accessible by others, that personal data can be collected and used by others. If you post personal data online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Please exercise caution whenever you post information online.
- Purposes and Legal Grounds: King Chamber processes your comments, suggestions, feedback, and other information for the purpose of providing our customers with the opportunity share such content with other customers. The legal ground for processing this information for this purpose is King Chamber’s legitimate interest in enabling our customers to provide comments, suggestions, feedback, and other information they desire to share with King Chamber and other King Chamber customers.
- Personal data that is processed when you apply for a position at King Chamber: If you email us your resumé, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile to apply for an open position at King Chamber, we may collect a variety of personal data, including your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, work experience, education history, references, information about your applicable degrees, licenses, and certifications, whether you are legally eligible to work in the country to which you are applying, whether you have a valid driver’s license, and your salary expectations.
- Purposes and Legal Grounds: King Chamber processes this information for the purpose of permitting you to be considered for open positions that King Chamber is seeking to fill. The legal ground for processing this information for this purpose is King Chamber’s legitimate interest in analyzing resume information in connection with identifying qualified candidates to fill open positions at King Chamber.
Third-Party Recipients of Personal Data
- Third-party electronic payment vendors. We use third-party electronic payment vendors to process payment card data of our customer’s and contacts, as well as other personal data required to authenticate certain online payments when products and services are purchased using credit or debit cards. .
- Governmental entities and third parties: We may disclose personal data about you to governmental entities, such as regulatory agencies, law enforcement and judicial authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, as well as other third parties under any of the following conditions: (a) if we have your valid consent to do so; (b) to comply with a valid subpoena, legal order, court order, search warrant, legal process or other legal obligation; (c) to enforce any of our terms and conditions or policies; (d) as necessary in the case of emergencies or internal security matters; or (e) as necessary to pursue available legal remedies or defend legal claims.
- Purposes and Legal Grounds: We use this usage data to facilitate communication between your device and our Site, store your preferences, authenticate users, detect and prevent fraud (e.g., fraudulent credit card use) and spam, enable certain functions of the Site, administer and improve our Site (e.g., troubleshoot geographically localized access problems), and analyze usage of and improve and enhance our Sites.
- Cookie Consent: If you are in the EU or another country that requires obtaining your consent before processing your usage data, we process your usage data based on your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting King Chamber via WildApricot membership software email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your withdrawal of consent will not apply to data that was processed prior to our receipt of your withdrawal of consent.
- Your Control of Cookies: To access King Chamber Site as an administrator or a customer contact, you need to enable cookies (which most web browsers do by default). Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through browser settings. Some web browsers (including mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow you to reject cookies or that alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer, tablet, or mobile device. You may be able to reject mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device.
- Third-Party Cookies: When you visit our Site, cookies may also be placed on your computer by third-party services that are integrated into the Site you are visiting. For example, third-party cookies are used by Google Analytics for tracking website traffic. We use information collected from such third-party services to help us better understand how users find and use our Site, enhance our Site and services, and better understand and improve users’ experience.
Our Site is not directed to individuals under the age of 16, and we request that individuals under 16 not provide personal data to King Chamber. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Retention of Personal Data
King Chamber will retain your personal data for only as long as needed for the purposes for which the personal data is processed and to meet King Chamber’s legal obligations. See section below under “Your Rights” for additional information pertaining to the right of erasure, as well as other data subject rights.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to assist in maintaining the security and confidentiality of personal data; safeguarding against anticipated threats to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal data; and protecting your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access. Such technical and organizational measures include all applicable security requirements in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
However, whenever personal data is processed, there is a risk that such data could be lost, misused, modified, hacked, breached, and/or otherwise accessed by an unauthorized third party. No system or online transmission of data is completely secure. In addition to the technical and organizational measures that King Chamber has in place to protect your personal data, you should use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. If you believe that your King Chamber account or any information you provided to us is no longer secure, notify us immediately at email@example.com.
You always have the right to request information about your stored data, its origin, its recipients, and the purpose of its collection at no charge. You also have the right to request that it be corrected, blocked, or deleted. You can contact us at any time using the address given in the legal notice if you have further questions about the issue of privacy and data protection. You may also file a complaint with the pertinent regulatory authorities.
We will provide notice to you if these changes are material and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent. Such notice will be provided on the King Chamber website.